Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Croatia - Sailing

Sail itinerary: Trogir - Brac - Korcula - Lastovo - Hvar - Trogir
Stopped at a few bays for swims and lunch


Sailboats :D


Our boat name: Esthera



Some sails pics

We were basically tipping at about 15 degrees I think? I don't know >.<
It was AWESOME!!! We were sailing at approximately 9.3 knots!! It was the fastest speed we have sailed all week!!
Even a school of dolphin came over to play!! One of them even swam under boat. I guess we were sailing so fast that the dolphin were treating it like we were playing games with them.


I've learned a lot from this trip. Even my fingers grew "bubbles" due to the lack of experience trying to hold the rope. The wind was so strong the rope ran through the skin of my hands.

Tying fenders is my expertise now :D
Clover hitch knot is used to tie fenders
*Fenders are used to prevent boats clashing against each other
A picture of fenders


Of course I learn a few more other things!! But it's just too much to write it down here.

A few Croatian words I have learned

Pica - Water
Pivo - Beer
Vino - Wine
Jelvonik - Menu
Hvala - Thank You
Do Videnja (do-vi-jen-ya) - Goodbye


Till then, Do Videnja ^^

0 comments: